Our Terms of Service is two parts, the rules, and the legal stuff. Here is what you need to know about using Gorilla Gong.
1. Don’t do anything that makes us make more rules. Use common sense, if we need to make a rule because of you, you will most likely be banned. When in doubt, ask a mod or admin. We will be happy to help you, help us, help you. We reserve the right to the Britain clause; just because it’s not listed as a rule, doesn’t mean it’s a-ok to do.
2. This site is an English only site. Sorry, but if we can’t read it, we can’t moderate it. This goes for 1337 speak and lolsorndm language. Make sure your speech is as intelligible as possible. If a moderator needs to edit your post to make it readable, it will cost credits.
3. Do not harass directors. Do not harass staff. Do not harass anyone. If someone blocks you, respect it, and do not attempt to contact them again. While we don’t directly intervene with outside communication, if we find someone has been harassing a user outside of GG, we will take appropriate actions on our platform.
4. One account per person. If you have multiple people in your house accessing GG, we will make exceptions. We use browser fingerprinting, along with storing your IP address list, and other technologies to enforce this.
5. Do not spam. While we are primarily a platform for promoting mAchinima directors, we do not tolerate spam. This includes ANY promotional links outside of the appropriate area. IE: Your signature, social media buttons, specific forum topics and categories. The first time is a warning combined with monitored posting, the second time is a permanent ban.
6. Do not talk about staff actions. If you believe staff has acted unfairly, use the contact form link provided at the bottom of the page. This goes directly to the owner/administrators. If you speak about staff actions publicly, even vaguely, you will be squelched.
7. Do not abuse the PM system. It is not an advertising platform and it is not an email service. See DATA.
8. Do not impersonate a popular… no, anyone. Do not impersonate anyone. Not your name, avatar, anything. This is a site for mAchinima artist, and those who love mAchinima. Be creative! We know you can do it!
9. Do not try to make money off users in any way. This includes solicitation, eBay, promotions, gift cards, gift codes, affiliate links, and charities.
10. Immediate insta-ban for plagiarism.
11. Due to all kinds of legal reasons, no user under 13 years of age is permitted to participate on this site. cite: Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
12. Avast ye’ scallywags. Please don’t link to, or host pirated material. Don’t talk about how to pirate material. Don’t talk about how to crack, alter, or remove restrictions on games or software. Gorilla Gong is hosted inside theUnited Statesof copyrightdom. Make our life a little easier.
13. No r34, XXX, gore, or NSFW material on the site. While some of our videos are not of saintly demeanor. We do our best to make sure label them as such. This does not give you free reign to post derogatory or sexually explicit content.
14. We will update this rule list occasionally, and we expect you as a user to keep up with it.
15. If you live in an evil monarchy ruled by tyrants or aliens, odds are that there might be a video or two on the site that are illegal for you to view. Use this site at your own risk. We are not responsible for the outcome. IE: It is illegal to make fun of the king of Thailand’s – really dopey looking – dog. If we have a video about that on the site, you might get in trouble for viewing it, if you in Thailand. Just a heads up.
16. If you have seizures from flashing lights, some videos might contain that as well.
About “Shinnies” – The Credit System
1. The credit system is a way for more dedicated users to promote themselves on Gorilla Gong. We want those users who contribute back to mAchinima, to reap some sort of reward. The credit system is NOT payment, nor is there any quality guarantee.
2. We make revoke these credits at any time without notice or explanation.
3. Donating for credits is not a purchase. This donation cannot be written off, nor can it be construed as a purchase towards a tangible good. Credits earned through donations can be revoked, destroyed, or removed with no notice.
4. Selling account credits for currency is forbidden. If we find out this has been going on, whether you bought them or sold them, we will ban both accounts involved and destroy any items purchased with those credits.
5. There are no refunds on credits or donations.
We do our best to protect your data. We take what we do very seriously, and our latest rewrite of Gorilla Gong is a response to our growing user base. Our previous platform was using an antiquated method of hashing passwords, and we felt uncomfortable continuing with its use. Rest assured, your data has never been leaked; we simply felt less than secure if something like that did happen. There are some things we expect you to know/do however:
1. Do not put any person information on this site. Ever. Unpleasant people out there like to do all sort of bad things, and this site is indexed. In the event of a leak, we want to know that our users lost as little important information as possible. This includes the messaging system, which is NOT encrypted in our databases. This means if there is a leak, all the private messages you’ve sent can, and probably will be part of that. DON’T SAY ANYTHING THAT WOULD HURT YOU PUBLICLY
2. Use a strong password with our site that you DON’T USE ANYWHERE ELSE. We recommend KeePass, as it is both free, and stores your passwords in an encrypted database on your computer. Just because we use strong encryption methods, doesn’t mean your password can’t be eventually broken.
3. We need to say this to cover our rumps; no data you put on Gorilla Gong, including but not limited to your email, password, and private messages, should be considered secure. Ever. Actually, outside of a service like Gmail, you should treat all sites like this. If there is a leak, despite all our best efforts to stop it, we are not responsible for any damages arising out of use of our service.
4. Donations are handled by PayPal only. Why? When you start a donation using PayPal, it automatically takes you to their very secure servers. This means we – and you – don’t need to worry about your data being stolen or man-in-the-middled. Even if Gorilla Gong falls prey to a data-leak, rest assured your payment info was not handled by us.
Did you notice? Since the switch we are no longer showing ads on the site. We can’t say how much we were making from Google ads, but we can say it wasn’t enough to pay for the hosting. It was pointless. So here’s how it’s going to work. We hope that you like Gorilla Gong enough, and find it useful enough that you might want to donate a buck or two. Please donate in amounts over a dollar, as PayPal would absorb anything less.
In return, we are going to continue to promote mAchinima Directors, and keep Gorilla Gong going. Our hosting is quite expensive.
: Why do you spell Machinima like mAchinima?
machinima – The art form of using video game assets to create videos. (heavily simplified)
Machinima – The company that used an art term to promote itself, and barely represents what machinima the art actually is. (We’re obligated to be nice here.)
mAchinima – Gorilla Gong’s use of the word to avoid lawsuits. mAchinima must sometimes be capitalized to start off a sentence or for aesthetic reasons, however, we can’t risk “confusing” the company with the art. So, we adjusted the grammar a bit to arrive at mAchinima.
: How do I get my video on the front page?
: We’re glad you asked, really! Drop your video in the “Suggest-O-Tron” using the link above. Eventually, we will get around to reviewing, and maybe even scheduling your video. Please do not inquire about its status, sometimes it can take months before we use a video. As a matter of a fact, the best videos take the longest to go up. We plan those for special events!
Hey there, you’re probably wondering about the legality of Gorilla Gong reposting mAchinima videos throughout the site. Well, we’re not. If you have a DMCA complaint, you need to follow the EMBEDED video link to the hosting site, and hash it out with them. We will not be responding to DMCA request, as we are not the provider. We are an aggregator.
If you are a director, and your video has been unfairly posted, we hear ya. We want YOU the DIRECTOR to get the credit and views for this work. That’s what Gorilla Gong is all about! Let us know, and link us to your original video. If your post-date precedes that of our listing, we will fix the problem.
We don’t upload anything. We don’t monetize your video in any way. The ads that play on the embedded video are yours, and you are the only one receiving funding from those advertisements. We simply promote people to turn off their ad-block for the director’s benefit.
Again; we do not host or post any videos to Gorilla Gong’s servers. All videos are embedded from their original sources. We are not responsible for improper or illegal hosting.
Legal – Yep it’s boring, but we have to technically tell you to read it. Have fun.
Terms and Conditions of Use of Gorilla Gong
1 Acceptance The Use Of Gorilla Gong Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of Gorilla Gong is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
2 Credit card details
Gorilla Gong will never ask for Credit Card details and request that you do not enter it on any of the forms on Gorilla Gong.
The contents of Gorilla Gong website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
4 Change of Use
Gorilla Gong reserves the right to:
4.1 change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that Gorilla Gong shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal and.
4.2 change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
5 Links to Third Party Websites
Gorilla Gong Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
6.1 All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to Gorilla Gong or otherwise used by Gorilla Gong as permitted by law.
6.2 In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
6.3 All non-identifying information provided by you the user becomes property of Gorilla Gong. This includes submitted 'mAchinimemes,' photos uploaded to Gorilla Gong become property of Gorilla Gong.
7 Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
7.1 The Website is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
7.2 To the extent permitted by law, Gorilla Gong will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
7.3 Gorilla Gong makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
7.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of Gorilla Gong for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Gorilla Gong or that of its employees or agents.
You agree to indemnify and hold Gorilla Gong and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against Gorilla Gong arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10 Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of USA and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the USA courts.